RESUMÉ: EDUCATION & WORK
- Post Graduate Certificate: Training and Coaching of Primary School Teachers in the field of Art Education. Plein C and Mocca, Amsterdam 2016
- Post Graduate Certificate: Art teacher in the field of Special Education. Pilot project organized by Papageno and Mocca, Amsterdam 2015 – 2016
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie Amsterdam (graduated in 1999): Graphic Design and New Media.
- SVA (School of Visual Arts) New York City 1997-1998: Computer Arts, Web design, Digital Video, Digital Audio, Computer Illustration (Photoshop, Illustrator, 3d), Animation – on a grant by the SVA
- University of Amsterdam 1981 – 1988: Graduated in Modern Dutch Literature, Minors Italian Language and literature, Film and Television Studies, Dutch as a Second Language, Teacher.
- Murmellius Gymnasium, Alkmaar 1975 – 1981
- Drawing / Painting artist for Argus, a Dutch national magazine that appears every two weeks. With my own section, ‘Passanten’, on the back page, with two portraits of people I saw somewhere in Amsterdam or elsewhere. #Passanten #AmsterdamseMensen #WeAreOnePeople
- Special Education Visual Arts teacher / co-teacher, at two schools: Van Koetsveldschool and Het Spectrum, assigned by ‘De rode loper op school’, Amsterdam (from 2015)
- Singer and bass guitarist in Arizona Highways (band), Amsterdam (NL), (from 2015)
- Curator for SPRiNG is in the AiR, Springsnow Expo Amsterdam (2013, 2014)
- Independent workshop leader (children and adults): video, photography, poetry, collage, and more
- Stop motion movies guest teacher at the Day A Week School, Amsterdam (from 2012)
- Workshopleader for ‘Herrekijker’ at the festival Into The Great Wide Open (Vlieland, NL, 2013 & 2014), De Rode Loper Op School (2013), masterclass for teachers at VONCK symposium Utrecht (2014)
- Curator, Photographer, Video Artist for Springsnow Expo 2013 (Amsterdam, april – may 2013)
- Tropenmuseum Junior: visual artist (photography and text), installation inide the exhibition ‘MixMaxBrasil’ (oktober 2012)
- Mister Motley: photography and texts for this Dutch (online) Art Magazine.
- Atelier Open (from 2011): graphic designer, visual artist, co-curator
- Guest teacher for City Oneminutes by The Oneminutes Organization at AHKCO / Nola Hatterman Instituut Paramaribo, in cooperation with Holland Doc, VPRO (Surinam, january 2009) and at Beihang University (China, may 2009)
- Guest teacher for City Oneminutes by The Oneminutes Organization at AHKCO / Nola Hatterman Instituut Paramaribo, in cooperation with Holland Doc, VPRO at Beihang University (China, may 2009).
- The Oneminutes Organization (since 2007): curator, video artist, workshop leader, coordinator.
- Z! Amsterdam Magazine for the Homeless (from 2007): video artist, photographer, writer
- Photography – poetry project ‘Stadsbeesten – Urban Animals’
Made possible on a grant bij the AFK, Amsterdam Fund for the Arts. Photos from this project were used for Y&R Milan’s WWF print campaign. This was finalist at the New York Festivals and was featured in Lüzer’s International ARCHIVE, Vol. 5, 2011.
- Web designer (from 1999), made websites for CZAR (The Netherlands, USA, Belgium, Germany) , furniture design company Baisenvanwijk.com (NL), for commercial director Rogier van der Ploeg (100commercials.com) (international) and for Jan Dirk van der Ploeg, Emeritus Professor of Othopedagogical Science (NL)
- ROC van Amsterdam (from 1988 until 2007), Dutch as a Second Language; teacher, mentor, assessor
- Astral Bodies, bass guitar & vocals; cd, video clips, live performances, feature film, multi media show, with Maarten Ploeg, Ryu Tajiri, Rogier van der Ploeg, Noel Sies, Moniek van de Vall (from 1986 until 1889)