Art Education – ‘Kunstjuf’ on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kunstlessen
I love to work in the field of art education. Subjects I teach are: photography, video, animation, collage, poetry, image & language, drawing, painting, recycled art (2d and 3d). I work with children (with special needs) and adults, artists and amateurs and I can work in different languages: Dutch, french, English and German.
I create my art workshops independently but also work with colleagues for other organizations like Herrekijker, De Rode Loper op School, Papageno, Stranger Festival and The One Minutes (China, Surinam).
In march 2015 I earned a degree in teaching and co-teaching visual arts in the field of Special Education. I develop art projects for children aged 4 – 12 with (severe) learning difficulties, do these projects with them and / or coach their teachers on how they could do art classes with their students themselves. To see and read more about it, have a look at my posts on my Kunstjuf – facebook page.
Urban Animal Art
Photography, writing, painting, assemblage.
Based on my book Stadsbeesten – Urban Animals.
- Primary schools and the Day A Week School. Amsterdam. Children aged 4-12. From 2010.
- Boekids literary festival for the youth. Poetry writing to my urban animal photos. Children aged 6-14. Rotterdam and The Hague 2011.
- Ateliers photographie et poésie (photography and poetry). École Primaire René Rondreux, Durtal, France, 2012.
- Urban Animals in MixMaxBrasil – Installation in the new exhibition MixMaxBrasil in Tropenmuseum Junior Amsterdam, which invites the children to visit the exhibition with ‘artist eyes’ and go looking for ‘urban animals’ like the ones in my book ‘Stadsbeesten – Urban Animals’. Amsterdam 2012- 2014.
- Animal Town (dierenstad) – ‘Straatjutter’ Krista Peters, children aged 8-10 and me cleaned up the surroundings of Basisschool Sint Henricus. We built an animal town out of found stuff: bottle caps, pieces of string, broken balloons, cans etcetera. Each animal got its own little house in a wooden wine box or cigar box. The artwork has been exhibited on the 9th of march: outside on the confucius square in amsterdam new west, together with four other art objects. Amsterdam, 2013
- Tembe Art School, Moengo, Surinam. Photography workshops in primary and secondary schools in the city and the surrouncing villages, 2010.
- Artspace Nieuwe Vide. Photography workshops for children by photographer Max Linsen and me, part of our project for the Coulisse Vise Versa festival. Haarlem 2011.
- Noortjes Kerstcircus (christmas circus). Children (8-12) worked in small groups on: script, story board, background and props. Then recorded their stop motion movies. Day A Week School, Amsterdam 2012.
- Help with reading and writing problems through art. Clay animation and painting.
Workshops with children aged 8-10 about seeing the world around you in a different, sensitive way, based on a collection of works by different artists (including my urban animals and my shadow oneminutes). Herrekijker was created by Carolien Euser (1964-2013) and Madelinde Hageman. More info: www.herrekijker.nl.
- Many different primary schools, children aged 8-10, with Carolien Euser. Delft 2011.
- Cornelis Vrij School, children aged 4-6 with Madelinde Hageman and Amsterdam Montessori School, children aged 7-10 with Carolien Euser. Amsterdam 2012-2013.
- Parent Participation Program at ‘Basisschool De Kraal’, women aged 25 and up. Amsterdam 2013.
- Into The Great Wide Open festival, workshops with Madelinde Hageman and babette van Harsselaar. Children and adults worked on an installation (art tree) in honor of Carolien Euser who had recently died. Vlieland 2013
- Masterclass for teachers, VONCK symposium, Utrecht 2014
- Into The Great Wide Open festival, workshops with Madelinde Hageman and Sander Veenhof; pilot testing for the Herrekijker App. Vlieland 2014
- Video workshop: ‘Old Story, New Me’ (advanced). Stranger Festival. Facilitators: Maartje Jaquet, Nadine Hottenrott and Emile Zile. This “mash-up” workshop used old copyrighted news footage that was mixed with new created content – and thereby placing history in a more current and personal context. The participants of this workshop were young people (18+) from different parts of Europe: Finland, Servia, Rumania, Hungary, Slovenia and The Netherlands. Amsterdam 2010.
- Video clip and rap. De Margrietlaan. Adolescent boys (16 – 20) made a video under my guidance. They live in a residential group, assisted in their lives by supervising counselors. Each of them did what he was good at. Graphics, photography, played guitar, wrote the texts and rapped. I coached and filmed them and edited all the material into a video clip afterwards. The rap is about one of the boys’ life. Helmond 2012.
- Paramaribo City Oneminutes at AHKCO & Nola Hatterman Art Academy, Paramaribo, Surinam, 2009.
- Beijing City Oneminutes at the School of New Media Art and Design, Bei Hang University, China 2009.
- Workshop collage (children and adults)
Photography and poetry
- Photography and poetry workshop. Gallery Atelier Open. Amsterdam 2011.
- Photography workshop. Part of festival Caleidoscoop, Kunstcafé Oosterwolde 2012.
- Photography workshop. Part of Springsnow Festival. Amsterdam 2012.